NRLC Legislative Director Douglas Johnson, writing on National Review Online, takes Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus to task for promoting abortion lobby’s line that the Capps Amendment is a “compromise” that preserves a careful balance on federal abortion policy. Johnson writes: “One of the biggest whoppers of the summer is the argument that the Capps Amendment to the Obama-backed health-care bill (an amendment that was actually written by pro-abortion champion Rep. Henry Waxman and his veteran staff) represents a ‘compromise.’ A meeting of the minds between Planned Parenthood (which loves the Capps Amendment) and the congressman from West Hollywood is not likely to be much of a compromise, and this one is as phony as they come. The Capps Amendment, if enacted, would insert the federal government into the abortion-funding business in two very big ways, both of which would mark sharp breaks from longstanding federal policy.” Read the entire essay here.
- New Video Continues to Expose Grisly Nature of Baby Body Part Trafficking rlm.ag/1tCmZ0 5 days ago
- Planned Parenthood's Cavalier Attitude Toward Unborn Children on Full Display rlm.ag/Nqb3G 1 week ago
- WILL THE MEDIA CONTINUE TO IGNORE PLANNED PARENTHOOD’S TRAFFICKING OF BABY BODY PARTS? rlm.ag/2auz50 2 weeks ago
- Nebraska lawmaker planning Kansas-style bill to end dismemberment abortions: bit.ly/1hOkMA7 @NERightToLife #prolife 12 minutes ago
- Life brings infinite possibilities! Woman born without arms becomes pilot and inspires many liveactionnews.org/?p=70226 http://t.co/auLXlx7cqY 1 hour ago
- Baby boy with rare condition defies odds, celebrates first birthday nrlc.cc/1Uhshkg #lifeisprecious http://t.co/DGPbeSDYoP 2 hours ago