NRLC Legislative Director Douglas Johnson, writing on National Review Online, takes Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus to task for promoting abortion lobby’s line that the Capps Amendment is a “compromise” that preserves a careful balance on federal abortion policy. Johnson writes: “One of the biggest whoppers of the summer is the argument that the Capps Amendment to the Obama-backed health-care bill (an amendment that was actually written by pro-abortion champion Rep. Henry Waxman and his veteran staff) represents a ‘compromise.’ A meeting of the minds between Planned Parenthood (which loves the Capps Amendment) and the congressman from West Hollywood is not likely to be much of a compromise, and this one is as phony as they come. The Capps Amendment, if enacted, would insert the federal government into the abortion-funding business in two very big ways, both of which would mark sharp breaks from longstanding federal policy.” Read the entire essay here.
- National Right to Life endorses Lou Barletta for U.S. Senate rlm.ag/135siL 3 days ago
- National Right to Life and North Dakota Right to Life endorse @kevincramer for U.S. Senate rlm.ag/Gk9rH 2 weeks ago
- National Right to Life endorses Matt Rosendale for U.S. Senate in Montana rlm.ag/GI6cc 2 weeks ago
- Winning young people over to the cause of with an imaginative two-pronged approach buff.ly/2lmclji… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- Pro-life, Pro-woman: reaching Out to Pregnant Women Facing Challenges buff.ly/2ljIqYS #ProLifers https://t.co/mZHm9FwpCA 3 hours ago
- Abortion was “most painful thing I ever experienced” buff.ly/2ta0aKJ #AbortionHurts #MultipleVictims… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago