NRLC Legislative Director Douglas Johnson, writing on National Review Online, takes Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus to task for promoting abortion lobby’s line that the Capps Amendment is a “compromise” that preserves a careful balance on federal abortion policy. Johnson writes: “One of the biggest whoppers of the summer is the argument that the Capps Amendment to the Obama-backed health-care bill (an amendment that was actually written by pro-abortion champion Rep. Henry Waxman and his veteran staff) represents a ‘compromise.’ A meeting of the minds between Planned Parenthood (which loves the Capps Amendment) and the congressman from West Hollywood is not likely to be much of a compromise, and this one is as phony as they come. The Capps Amendment, if enacted, would insert the federal government into the abortion-funding business in two very big ways, both of which would mark sharp breaks from longstanding federal policy.” Read the entire essay here.
- National Right to Life Condemns Acts of Violence in Colorado Springs rlm.ag/7wluw 4 days ago
- CORRECTED: National Right to Life Hails Bill Providing Equal Treatment for Advance Directives rlm.ag/mVQ4I 1 week ago
- National Right to Life Hails Bill Providing Equal Treatment for Pro-Life Advance Directives rlm.ag/PdVuo 1 week ago
- Action Alert: U.S. Senate scheduled to vote Thursday on #prolife reconciliation bill: bit.ly/1XvHNux #HR3762 9 hours ago
- Abortion attorneys fear U.S. Supreme Court ruling on dismemberment method bit.ly/1Nooblg #prolife 11 hours ago
- RT @RepDianeBlack: The heart of the #ProLife movement is a heart of compassion. My op-ed in @TownHallcom: bit.ly/1l59Z6e #prolifep… 11 hours ago