NRLC Legislative Director Douglas Johnson, writing on National Review Online, takes Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus to task for promoting abortion lobby’s line that the Capps Amendment is a “compromise” that preserves a careful balance on federal abortion policy. Johnson writes: “One of the biggest whoppers of the summer is the argument that the Capps Amendment to the Obama-backed health-care bill (an amendment that was actually written by pro-abortion champion Rep. Henry Waxman and his veteran staff) represents a ‘compromise.’ A meeting of the minds between Planned Parenthood (which loves the Capps Amendment) and the congressman from West Hollywood is not likely to be much of a compromise, and this one is as phony as they come. The Capps Amendment, if enacted, would insert the federal government into the abortion-funding business in two very big ways, both of which would mark sharp breaks from longstanding federal policy.” Read the entire essay here.
- National Right to Life Mourns Death of Norma McCorvey rlm.ag/1VZfDw 1 week ago
- National Right to Life Praises Nomination of Judge Gorsuch to Supreme Court rlm.ag/1nJOhu 3 weeks ago
- @nrlc's Jennifer Popik, Olivia Turner, and @CarolTobias1 talk with @EWTN's @damonowens. https://t.co/euQ0yCegXH 1 month ago
- "He’s a serial killer who loved playing God," said McAleer. bit.ly/2lEkLmQ #prolife https://t.co/Cy4QfAJMLT 1 hour ago
- Leading Physician Confirms Unborn Children Feel Excruciating Pain During Abortions bit.ly/2ljAvZU… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 hours ago
- High School Officials Trashed Their Pro-Life Poster, But These Students Fought Back and Won bit.ly/2lEpWmQ… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 hours ago