NRLC Legislative Director Douglas Johnson, writing on National Review Online, takes Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus to task for promoting abortion lobby’s line that the Capps Amendment is a “compromise” that preserves a careful balance on federal abortion policy. Johnson writes: “One of the biggest whoppers of the summer is the argument that the Capps Amendment to the Obama-backed health-care bill (an amendment that was actually written by pro-abortion champion Rep. Henry Waxman and his veteran staff) represents a ‘compromise.’ A meeting of the minds between Planned Parenthood (which loves the Capps Amendment) and the congressman from West Hollywood is not likely to be much of a compromise, and this one is as phony as they come. The Capps Amendment, if enacted, would insert the federal government into the abortion-funding business in two very big ways, both of which would mark sharp breaks from longstanding federal policy.” Read the entire essay here.
- Injunction Allows Dismemberment Abortions to Continue in Kansas rlm.ag/B5IH4 5 days ago
- National Right to Life calls for new law to curb abortion subsidies following #SCOTUS decision in #KingvBurwell rlm.ag/BKNcW 5 days ago
- National Right to Life to Journalists: Check Your Facts in Unborn Pain Debate #theyfeelpain rlm.ag/1MP97e 2 weeks ago
- Supreme Court declines for now to take up challenge to Mississippi’s admitting privileges law bit.ly/1ILymtG #prolife 11 hours ago
- It's hard to comprehend what happens in a dismemberment abortion but we must face their brutal reality- bit.ly/1GXkEWK #prolife 13 hours ago
- Want to be a voice for the voiceless? Join us in New Orleans for this year's @NRLConvention! bit.ly/1GKK32w http://t.co/XBpKyhfNou 15 hours ago