NRLC Legislative Director Douglas Johnson, writing on National Review Online, takes Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus to task for promoting abortion lobby’s line that the Capps Amendment is a “compromise” that preserves a careful balance on federal abortion policy. Johnson writes: “One of the biggest whoppers of the summer is the argument that the Capps Amendment to the Obama-backed health-care bill (an amendment that was actually written by pro-abortion champion Rep. Henry Waxman and his veteran staff) represents a ‘compromise.’ A meeting of the minds between Planned Parenthood (which loves the Capps Amendment) and the congressman from West Hollywood is not likely to be much of a compromise, and this one is as phony as they come. The Capps Amendment, if enacted, would insert the federal government into the abortion-funding business in two very big ways, both of which would mark sharp breaks from longstanding federal policy.” Read the entire essay here.
- Natl Right to Life applauds Trump/HHS actions on religious liberty; abortion-covering health plans rlm.ag/g5AS5 2 weeks ago
- National Right to Life to journalists: check your facts in unborn pain debate #TheyFeelPain rlm.ag/D80BD 2 weeks ago
- U.S. House votes 237-189 to protect pain-capable unborn children rlm.ag/LQ5zt 2 weeks ago
- VIRGINIA: We must elect a #ProLife Governor this November! https://t.co/utSMZzVcve 4 hours ago
- “Little Shop of Horrors” Abortion Mill Transformed into Life-Saving Center bit.ly/2gzjGgK… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- Planned Parenthood: Money + Abortion bit.ly/2x76h2l #DefundPP https://t.co/kiA92dRDM5 13 hours ago