NRLC Legislative Director Douglas Johnson, writing on National Review Online, takes Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus to task for promoting abortion lobby’s line that the Capps Amendment is a “compromise” that preserves a careful balance on federal abortion policy. Johnson writes: “One of the biggest whoppers of the summer is the argument that the Capps Amendment to the Obama-backed health-care bill (an amendment that was actually written by pro-abortion champion Rep. Henry Waxman and his veteran staff) represents a ‘compromise.’ A meeting of the minds between Planned Parenthood (which loves the Capps Amendment) and the congressman from West Hollywood is not likely to be much of a compromise, and this one is as phony as they come. The Capps Amendment, if enacted, would insert the federal government into the abortion-funding business in two very big ways, both of which would mark sharp breaks from longstanding federal policy.” Read the entire essay here.
- @nrlc's Jennifer Popik J.D.was on Fox Business tonight talking about NM assisted suicide law.Thanks @IndependentsFBN http://t.co/5h1hh2AuBv 16 hours ago
- Tune in at 9pmEST tonight & watch @nrlc's Jennifer Popik J.D. discuss NM assisted suicide law on @IndependentsFBN on Fox Business. 22 hours ago
- ICYMI: @nrlc Senior Legislative Counsel Susan Muskett J.D. on MSNBC's @hardball last night: on.msnbc.com/HHyK4B 1 month ago
- Of course unborn children can feel pain! #prolife http://t.co/VdWyw0RjUa 5 hours ago
- RT @LIFEforSC: 16 Things You Didn't Know About Your Life Before Birth. #prolife fb.me/1JMjyobDP 6 hours ago
- CBS Notices ‘Another Problem’ With #ObamaCare – Higher Deductibles; ABC, NBC Omit nrlc.cc/18Egu2T #tcot 6 hours ago