NRLC Legislative Director Douglas Johnson, writing on National Review Online, takes Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus to task for promoting abortion lobby’s line that the Capps Amendment is a “compromise” that preserves a careful balance on federal abortion policy. Johnson writes: “One of the biggest whoppers of the summer is the argument that the Capps Amendment to the Obama-backed health-care bill (an amendment that was actually written by pro-abortion champion Rep. Henry Waxman and his veteran staff) represents a ‘compromise.’ A meeting of the minds between Planned Parenthood (which loves the Capps Amendment) and the congressman from West Hollywood is not likely to be much of a compromise, and this one is as phony as they come. The Capps Amendment, if enacted, would insert the federal government into the abortion-funding business in two very big ways, both of which would mark sharp breaks from longstanding federal policy.” Read the entire essay here.
- UN Commission on Population & Development Continues to Push for Abortion Worldwide rlm.ag/AFzaF 2 days ago
- RT @BeltwayRTL: .@GovTomblin ignored the voice of the people of WV, but more importantly he ignored the suffering of unborn babies. We are … 1 week ago
- RT @TheMrs_B: Unborn babies can feel pain like you and me. Their lives deserve protection too. We must be #theirvoice. http://t.co/Z4kdgIh4… 1 week ago
- @TennanbaumPat See you there! Registration is now open! 1 hour ago
- Be inspired. Be empowered. Stand for life! NRL Convention 2014: June 26-28. Louisville, KY. nrlconvention.com http://t.co/a4YB2C7Dyi 1 hour ago
- RT @PAProLifeFed: Amazing video "Conception to Birth" is worth watching again and again ow.ly/vVoyz #prolife 14 hours ago