NRLC Legislative Director Douglas Johnson, writing on National Review Online, takes Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus to task for promoting abortion lobby’s line that the Capps Amendment is a “compromise” that preserves a careful balance on federal abortion policy. Johnson writes: “One of the biggest whoppers of the summer is the argument that the Capps Amendment to the Obama-backed health-care bill (an amendment that was actually written by pro-abortion champion Rep. Henry Waxman and his veteran staff) represents a ‘compromise.’ A meeting of the minds between Planned Parenthood (which loves the Capps Amendment) and the congressman from West Hollywood is not likely to be much of a compromise, and this one is as phony as they come. The Capps Amendment, if enacted, would insert the federal government into the abortion-funding business in two very big ways, both of which would mark sharp breaks from longstanding federal policy.” Read the entire essay here.
- GAO: abortion widespread in subsidized Obamacare exchanges rlm.ag/1lPp8o 4 days ago
- National Right to Life: “Greg Orman would be one more pro-abortion, anti-life Democrat” rlm.ag/1GsIR6 1 week ago
- Just 27 days left in our IndieGoGo Campaign! Donate now & help us tell America every abortion stops a beating heart! http:/igg.me/at/nrlc14 1 week ago
- Early voting is already underway in some states. Are you registered to vote? nrlc.cc/1qUlyOg #wevoteprolife http://t.co/3NCqUhEwTK 1 hour ago
- No --> Miss America chairman: winner’s Planned Parenthood job makes her a role model nrlc.cc/1qUlmP4 #prolife http://t.co/L09QOVVAs2 2 hours ago
- RT @CarolTobias1: Fox in the Hen House? Disability rights groups should be concerned. nrlc.cc/1rpsTVc. #prolife # NRLC 3 hours ago