NRLC Legislative Director Douglas Johnson, writing on National Review Online, takes Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus to task for promoting abortion lobby’s line that the Capps Amendment is a “compromise” that preserves a careful balance on federal abortion policy. Johnson writes: “One of the biggest whoppers of the summer is the argument that the Capps Amendment to the Obama-backed health-care bill (an amendment that was actually written by pro-abortion champion Rep. Henry Waxman and his veteran staff) represents a ‘compromise.’ A meeting of the minds between Planned Parenthood (which loves the Capps Amendment) and the congressman from West Hollywood is not likely to be much of a compromise, and this one is as phony as they come. The Capps Amendment, if enacted, would insert the federal government into the abortion-funding business in two very big ways, both of which would mark sharp breaks from longstanding federal policy.” Read the entire essay here.
- National Right to Life Endorses Sen. Pat Roberts for Re-Election rlm.ag/kGGQD 1 day ago
- UN Commission on Population & Development Continues to Push for Abortion Worldwide rlm.ag/AFzaF 6 days ago
- RT @BeltwayRTL: .@GovTomblin ignored the voice of the people of WV, but more importantly he ignored the suffering of unborn babies. We are … 1 week ago
- RT @MCCL_org: Is abortion just another product or service to be marketed? #prolife nationalrighttolifenews.org/news/2014/04/m… 5 hours ago
- Are you following us on Instagram? instagram.com/p/nGzSfTCw4B/ #prolife 7 hours ago
- RT @GaLifeAlliance: It's not a choice. It's a beating heart, a unique DNA, brainwaves, fingerprints... a Child. RT if you agree! #prolife h… 10 hours ago