NRLC Legislative Director Douglas Johnson, writing on National Review Online, takes Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus to task for promoting abortion lobby’s line that the Capps Amendment is a “compromise” that preserves a careful balance on federal abortion policy. Johnson writes: “One of the biggest whoppers of the summer is the argument that the Capps Amendment to the Obama-backed health-care bill (an amendment that was actually written by pro-abortion champion Rep. Henry Waxman and his veteran staff) represents a ‘compromise.’ A meeting of the minds between Planned Parenthood (which loves the Capps Amendment) and the congressman from West Hollywood is not likely to be much of a compromise, and this one is as phony as they come. The Capps Amendment, if enacted, would insert the federal government into the abortion-funding business in two very big ways, both of which would mark sharp breaks from longstanding federal policy.” Read the entire essay here.
- National Right to Life Endorses Bill Cassidy in Louisiana Senate Race rlm.ag/6C1QA 2 weeks ago
- Pro-abortion groups are pouring in big money to the 2014 elections. We won’t let them buy the election. #wevoteprolife 3 weeks ago
- Speaking out for unborn children who have no voice. Our vote is for life! #wevoteprolife 3 weeks ago
- RT @TXRightToLife: Need to know your polling location to vote early. You can look it up here: team1.sos.state.tx.us/voterws/viw/fa… Vote #LifeFirst #ProL… 5 hours ago
- Do you know where the US Senate candidates stand on #prolife issues? nrlc.cc/1x1uZu8 #wevoteprolife 6 hours ago
- RT @CarolTobias1: Pro-abortion ‘icon’ Wendy Davis faces daunting odds as November 4 gubernatorial election approaches http://t.co/0Sgc2bOjv… 6 hours ago