NRLC Legislative Director Douglas Johnson, writing on National Review Online, takes Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus to task for promoting abortion lobby’s line that the Capps Amendment is a “compromise” that preserves a careful balance on federal abortion policy. Johnson writes: “One of the biggest whoppers of the summer is the argument that the Capps Amendment to the Obama-backed health-care bill (an amendment that was actually written by pro-abortion champion Rep. Henry Waxman and his veteran staff) represents a ‘compromise.’ A meeting of the minds between Planned Parenthood (which loves the Capps Amendment) and the congressman from West Hollywood is not likely to be much of a compromise, and this one is as phony as they come. The Capps Amendment, if enacted, would insert the federal government into the abortion-funding business in two very big ways, both of which would mark sharp breaks from longstanding federal policy.” Read the entire essay here.
- National Right to Life Endorses Bill Cassidy in Louisiana Senate Race rlm.ag/6C1QA 4 weeks ago
- Pro-abortion groups are pouring in big money to the 2014 elections. We won’t let them buy the election. #wevoteprolife 1 month ago
- Speaking out for unborn children who have no voice. Our vote is for life! #wevoteprolife 1 month ago
- Incredible radio ad from @PatRoberts2014 highlights the sharp contrast in #KSSen race: nrlc.cc/1rDnK7p #wevoteprolife 39 minutes ago
- One twin’s ‘rescuing hug’ saves the life of her sister nrlc.cc/1zNxNkq #prolife http://t.co/pcp9TuMwpO 1 hour ago
- North Dakota's lone abortion clinic says it will stop performing chemical abortions nrlc.cc/1zNxDcS #prolife http://t.co/ZieLxvU9Fc 1 hour ago